Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Third Wheel


Lately I've found myself in a situation that I've never been in before, I'm the third wheel. For the most part I don't mind being the third wheel. My friend's boyfriend is really nice, I like him and he's even gone out of his way to include me in some of their outings. But today I found myself resenting her boyfriend and her good fortune all because of a band.


You see there's this band I've been wanting to see, in fact this outing has been planned for weeks, the only thing we hadn't done yet was get the tickets. What I forgot to plan for was the boyfriend. Here's the issue her boyfriend has a kid and this weekend is the first weekend in about 3 weeks he hasn't had him so of course she wants boyfriend time, which I totally get but hey I was here before him. This irratates me. One because I don't remember inviting him and two her going now depend on his plans!


Of course my resentment is short lived as I love my friend and I want to see her happy and I now feel bad for all the times SHE was the third wheel. I'll admit I'm a little jealous, I want a boyfriend, I want to be able to find out what he wants to do before I make plans to do anything else, I want to be able to say "hey do you mind if so and so goes?" but alas that is not in the cards at the moment.
Could I find someone else to go with me? Yes, but it wouldn't be the same, so if we don't go I will be disappointed but the world will not end and I will be happy that my friend has a really great guy that adores her and she's happy. There's still Chris Isaak.



No comments:

Post a Comment